FlytNow Adds Support for DJI MAVIC MINI to Enable First Responder & Aerial Security Operations
The incredibly popular DJI Mavic Mini is now supported by the FlytNow platform.
FlytNow is a remote drone fleet management solution for public safety, drone responders, and security & surveillance. It provides a unified dashboard for the live streaming of video and telemetry data from a fleet of drones for situational awareness.
As we have covered in a previous article, the Mavic Mini is a small, compact, affordable, and powerful drone geared towards enthusiasts and first-time drone users. The drone is ultra-light and portable (weighing around 249 grams) and it has a gimbal supported camera that can capture HD video.
Mavic Mini for Emergency Responce
FlytNow can enhance the capabilities of Mavic Mini and thus make it suitable for commercial use-cases such as public safety, first response, and security & surveillance. By combining DJI’s Mavic Mini with FlytNow, drone users can:
- Live stream video from the Mavic Mini to remote teams over 4G/LTE/5G by sharing a link. One use of this feature is during an inspection of a structure after a fire, where the footage is shared with a remote expert, sitting hundreds of miles away, for a better analysis.
- Control a the Mini from the web-based dashboard that FlytNow provides. This allows a remote pilot, via the dashboard, to take control of a Mavic Mini and use it in public safety operations such as firefighting, search & rescue, or HAZMAT response.
- Set a geofence and pre-flight checklist for safe operations.
- Enable the first-person experience using the cockpit view from the FlytNow dashboard, an important feature for taking close shots during an emergency situation.
- Control the drone gimbal remotely, from the dashboard, for a better visual.
- Users can also annotate messages on the map using FlytNow and view them in log for post-fight analysis.
“Mavic Mini is a really agile and affordable drone that comes really handy in emergency response operations. First responders on the ground can quickly launch this drone out of their vehicles and the remote team can get live situational awareness using the FlytNow application over 4G/LTE/5G.” – Achal Negi, Head of Business Development, FlytBase.
DJI Mavic Mini users can start with FlytNow immediately, via the 28-days free trial.
Have any questions? Reach out to FlytNow expert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FlytBase is an enterprise drone automation company that provides a software platform to automate and scale drone operations. The software enables easy deployment of intelligent drone fleets, seamlessly integrated with cloud-based business applications. With IoT architecture, drone-agnostic APIs, enterprise-grade security & reliability, the platform caters to a variety of commercial drone use-cases. FlytBase is used by thousands of users worldwide in 75+ countries.
About the author – Amartya Gupta
Drone Photography Bible would like to thank Amartya Gupta for submitting this guest article. Amartya is an experienced digital marketer with a demonstrated history of working in the computer software industry. Currently, working in a drone automation startup called FlytBase, Amartya is a skilled in content marketing, SEO, and marketing automation.
You can follow him on Linkedin, Twitter or Facebook.
Join the Drone Photography Bible community on Instagram
Do you love drone photography? Click through and follow us on Instagram for drone photographs from some of the best drone pilots at the moment.
As always, if you want to have your drone photography featured on the Drone Photography Bible Instagram feed, tag @dronephotographybible and hashtag #dronephotographybible. Your photos will feature on our Instagram as well as on the drone photography galley on our website.
Want your images to feature on our articles? We dont pay for images but do give shout outs, promotion and praise. Reach out to us on our Instagram to show us the photo you want to feature!
Finally… Do you want write for Drone Photography Bible? We are accepting guest and featured writers now. Check out the write for us page for more details.